Fourth graders teaching each other Scratch computer programming
during Hour of Code
December 2014 at the RES library, by the numbers:
- Number of library books and other materials checked out by RES scholars, families, and staff: 1184 -- that's 85 per day.
- Number of scholar visits to the library: over 700 (15 classes per week plus individual visits)
- Number of checkouts for our most popular book: 8 for Scaredy Squirrel Goes Camping by Melanie Watt
- Number of audio and video book commercials created by fourth graders in enrichment library classes: 21 (you can see them all here)
- Number of fourth graders who wrote computer programs during Hour of Code activities in enrichment library classes: 48 (try out their interactive Scratch games here)