April 2016 at the RES library, by the numbers:
- Number of library books and other materials checked out by RES scholars, families, and staff: 1416 -- that's 89 per day in our three weeks of school this month
- Number of times scholars used the PebbleGo nonfiction databases about animals, biographies,and more: 432
- Number of TumbleBooks electronic books read and listened to: 246
- Number of scholar visits to the library: over 600 (13 classes per week plus additional class visits plus individual visits)
- Number of scholars served by the librarian during lessons and visits in classrooms: over 250
- Number of second graders who created collaborative eBooks about aspects of culture in China, Mexico, and America: 45 (see photos above)
- Number of pages read and listened to by fourth graders participating in the Dorothy Canfield Fisher reading program: thousands! We are very proud of all our fourth grade scholars, who all participated in the program by reading or listening to at least one Dorothy Canfield Fisher book this year.