Second graders working on their
blog posts about animals
January 2017 at the RES library, by the numbers:
- Number of library books and other materials checked out by RES scholars, families, and staff: 1553 -- that's 78 items per day.
- Number of TumbleBooks electronic books read and listened to: 339
- Number of times scholars used the PebbleGo nonfiction research database: 467
- Number of scholar visits to the library: over 700 (14 classes per week plus additional class visits plus individual visits)
- Number of scholars served by librarian visits to classrooms: over 200
- Number of second graders who researched, wrote, and blogged about interesting animals: 52. You can see their awesome blog posts on the RES Second Grade Animal Blog!.