50 States 50 Books donation #resvt

"There's a package here for you!" These are some of the best words a librarian can hear.  They signify new books arriving and now I can hardly contain my giddiness.  All other work is put to the side as I dive into the box of new books.  The excitement isn't just based on my own book desires, but for my students' as well.  I immediately starting thinking about matching the new books up with the perfect student.

Well, I have an even better experience because our school was lucky to receive 50 amazing books from a couple of amazing kids.  A brother and sister team have started a campaign to close the literacy gap and help spread diverse books across the nation.  Their campaign is called 50 States 50 Books.  More info about their service project can be found here



Children need to see themselves in the books that they read.  They also need to read about experiences different from their own. With this donation from 50 States 50 Books, our library collection can be 50 books closer to having a better representation of the world we all live.   Thank you 50 States 50 Books!!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Picture Book Section!

Navigating the new library space

Caldecott Books with Second Grade #resvt #cesuvt