Navigating the new library space

The library has gone through a transformation.  And as there are quite a few new folx in the building, I wanted to give a little tour of the library and share what the library has to offer to support you in your work. 

Space



Catalog

Use our library catalog to look for the books you need.  Check to see if the book is available and then use its call number to locate it in the library.  The first part of a call number tells you what section in the library to look.  The second part tells you what shelf.  The map can help with finding what section is which.  If you would like more guidance on how to use the catalog, please let me know and I will happily teach you. 





You can also reserve library books from the catalog.  Watch this video to find out how.  


Resources

The library offers lots of resources beyond books.  From the library website, you can access a variety of digital research tools, eBooks, and audiobooks.  Look at the different colored tabs to find what you are looking for.  I will send you a link to our login information for these resources or you can ask me for a copy.  These cannot be shared on the internet as they are paid subscriptions.  Here is a list of the resources we offer:

  • World Book Encyclopedia
  • Culture Grams
  • PebbleGo (all databases:  Animals, Science, Social Studies, Biographies, and Health.  All in Spanish too!)
  • PebbleGo Next (all databases:  States, Science, Social Studies, Native Americans, & Biographies).
  • Vermont Online Library (including Kid Info Bits)
  • Tumblebooks
  • Sora (eBooks & audiobooks)
  • Tales2Go
  • Swank streaming video

What I can do for you...

In addition, I can help you in other ways too.  Looking for a book that we don't have in our collection?  Let me know and I can try to borrow it from another library.   I can curate a variety of resources for your next unit if you tell me ahead of time.  I can recommend read alouds or books for specific kiddos.  I can also help integrate technology and inquiry skills in any of your future units.  I really love collaborating on fun, engaging projects.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Picture Book Section!

Caldecott Books with Second Grade #resvt #cesuvt