Running a book center about The Flying Beaver Brothers books
April at the RES library, by the numbers:
- Number of library books and other materials checked out by RES scholars, families, and staff: 1,511 -- that's 89 per day in our 17 days of school this month
- Number of scholar visits to the library: over 850
- Number of checkouts for our most popular book: 13 for The Minecraft Construction Handbook
- Number of second graders who ran "Book Centers" to persuade their classmates to try their favorite books: 30. The rest of the second graders will be running their book centers in May
- Number of fourth graders who read or listened to at least 5 books from the 2014-2015 Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award reading list: 22. This is a voluntary program for fourth through eighth graders which involves a LOT of reading during the school year, and we are very proud of all of our scholars who participated!